Saturday, February 28, 2009

A steal- a sweater for me







This project is from a kit, but I couldn't pass it up. The owner of the yarn shop was going out of business, and this kit was marked down from $120 to $40. The yarn alone was worth more than that. Its a gorgeous pattern anyway. Well, except that I'm finding that one of the yarns is running out, so I will have to leave it out of the sleaves. I was hoping that there would be enough left to make a scarf of many colors. It doesn't look like that is going to happen. Well, I can use a new sweater anyway. Almost all of mine are too big.








One of the great things about this project is that it has inspired me to create a sweater pattern that compliments one of my scarf patterns to approach a local boutique with. I'm going to mull it over and try to perfect it this summer. Hopefully it will be ready by winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment