Saturday, June 5, 2010

Etsy Knitters and Crocheters on Parade





Have you ever thought that you would like to keep your laptop looking really good? Well, Brenna, of Raven Haired did, and it took her into a new world. After getting to know her, check out her shop by clicking on the title "Etsy Knitters and Crocheter on Parade."

Your profile says you knit for family and friends. What do you make for them?

When I was first learning all I would make were scarves. Then I eventually branched out and started to make gloves and mittens, little stuffed animals and colorful blankets.


How did you come to the idea of making laptop sleeves?

On my last job my old laptop broke and I had to hurry and get a new one for work. The work I was doing was a lot of long hours and traveling. I was always on the go and often tired and it seemed like my lovely new laptop was always in danger of being dropped or getting scratched when I shoved it in my bag. A laptop is an expensive investment and I wanted to keep mine in good condition so soon enough I found some time to knit myself a sleeve for my laptop. Not long after that my friends and co-workers started to notice and ask me where I got it. The next thing I knew I had discovered Etsy and decided to give my little shop idea a try.


Do you sell your items on other venues, beside online?

I don't, yet. I have considered getting involved at art fairs and such but for know I'm just concentrating on promoting my shop online.


What interests you beside knitting and crochet?
So many things, but I have to say my passion next to knitting would have to be food. I love to cook and to grow my own food. And I love to eat, of course. Right now I'm living in an apartment with a small patio and it is covered with pots of herbs and peppers and lettuce.


If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

There are too many wonderful places in the world to choose just one. Hopefully throughout my life I'll get to try many new places but for now I'm thoroughly enjoying life in Fort Wayne, IN. It's finally warm here, my boyfriend and I are loving all of the great farmers markets and two wonderful yarn shops. What more could a girl want?

Lol, a local yarn shop does go a long way to make us happy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing us to Brenna! It is nice to get to know you, and your shop is lovely - I like the different animals that you feature on the sleeves - hippo, elephant, owl, whale!
    Well done :D

    ReplyDelete